Job Title: Light Current Technician (One Post)
Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited
Duty Station: Tanga, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
Background - TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TAN ESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coining years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned post as North East Zone Electric Workshop.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines; Possess knowledge and competency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) applications. Strong conceptual thinking ability.
• Self motivated.
• Resilience, Decisiveness and resourcefulness Creative, innovative and team working skills.
Reporting to: Light Current Engineer Division: North East Zone - Tanga
• Responsible for execution of all planed maintenance works of Telecommunication systems in plants grid, distribution, substations, and offices, with objective of ensuring smooth operational communication within North East Zone.
• Must be a holder of Diploma/FTC in Electronic/ Telecommunication Engineering from recognized Institute.
• Knowledge of reading electronic circuits and troubleshooting techniques
• Knowledge of principle application of testing instruments and equipment
• Broad understanding of electronic and telecom systems and equipment.
• Must be accurate and have computer skills
• Must have at least 1 year working experience
• Ability to learn fast and adapt to changes, willingness and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
An attractive compensation package based 01 performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidate. The position terms 0employment are performance based fixed contract.
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position. Electronic applications are accepted.
All electronic applications must be forwarded to the concerned email indicated at the bottom of each description.
Phone calls, walk in soliciting for this position 'II automatically lead to disqualifications.
How to Apply:
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 14 days after initial appearance of this advert. Only shortlist candidates will be contacted for interview.
Senior Manager - North East Zone TANESCO
P.O. Box 5048,
Application close date: Two weeks from the first appearance