Job Title: Librarian II – 1 Post
Employer: Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists in cataloguing and classification of documents
Offers assistance to readers on documents selections
Maintains public and staff catalogue
Processes added copies and continuations
Ensures proper shelves of books and periodicals
Copies catalogue with cataloguing in publication (CIP) data
Handles inter-library loans, gifts and exchanges
Administer library records
Any other related duties as may be assigned by the Head of Section
Qualifications and experience:
Holders of University Degree/Advanced Diploma in Librarianship or its equivalent from recognized institutions.
Two (2) years work experience.
How to Apply:
All above posts carry attractive remuneration packages and fringe benefits in accordance with the qualifications and experience stated in the specific post.
• Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their hand
• written application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates,
• Testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• The CV must incorporate contact details including telephone numbers, email
• Addresses and three referees with their telephone numbers and addresses.
• Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
• The applications should reach the address below on or before 22-04-2014.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview. 12
• Applicants who are currently employed in the public service should route their
• Application letters through their respective employers.
• HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ALLOWED.
• This advert can also be viewed on TBS website www.tbs.go.tz.
Tanzania Bureau of Standards,
P. O. Box 9524,