Job Title: Legal Officer II
Employer: Tanzania Bureau Of Standards (TBS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reports to Head of Legal Unit
Assists in preparation of legal forms and documents for the Bureau
Assists in indexing, filling and registering Government/TBS notices and all other legal
Assists in filing and appearing for criminal and civil proceedings in court on behalf of the
Assists in compiling evidence relevant to court cases involving the Bureau
May represent the Bureau in courts of law
Assists in drafting legal documents as may be required by the Head of Legal Unit
Assists in preparation of draft amendments to the Standards Act
Assists in recommending improvements in Bureau’s regulations in line with Standards
Assists in the interpretation of laws and other legal documents
Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Legal Unit
Qualifications and experience:
Holder of LLB from recognized institutions who has successfully completed Law School.
How to Apply:
All above posts carry attractive remuneration packages and fringe benefits in accordance with the qualifications and experience stated in the specific post.
• Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their hand
• written application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates,
• Testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• The CV must incorporate contact details including telephone numbers, email
• Addresses and three referees with their telephone numbers and addresses.
• Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
• The applications should reach the address below on or before 22-04-2014.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview. 12
• Applicants who are currently employed in the public service should route their
• Application letters through their respective employers.
• HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ALLOWED.
• This advert can also be viewed on TBS website www.tbs.go.tz.
Tanzania Bureau of Standards,
P. O. Box 9524,