Job Title: Learning Resource Manager/Librarian
Employer: Tanzania Institute of Bankers
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Learning Resource Manager/Librarian is the head of the Institute's Learning Resource Centre/ Library and a senior member of the Institute responsible for providing efficient and appropriate Library services and maintenance of the Library and its collections. He/she will ensure that library materials are current, accessible and available to users as and when required.
• To assist and advise the Director of Training on all learning resource centre matters pertaining to planning, administrative and budgetary functions of library and information services.
• To advise and implement policies pertaining to the library administration, development and general conduct.
• To analyze and evaluate library and information services, technology and media service requirements.
• To assist the Director of Training in formulating a policy on procurement of relevant books, publications and other library materials.
• To ensure effective access to library collections and resources by properly classifying and cataloguing library items according to content and purpose.
• To establish and supervise a proper system to enter and update users' records and library data.
• To establish and maintain the organization of library materials according to established procedures and ensure their returning to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas after use; for easy location by users.
• To provide library services in response to the information needs of library users; guiding them to effectively search library catalogue, internet and other systems.
• To work closely with the Institute's Training Manager in conducting periodical review of Institute's needs of Library materials according to user's requirements.
• To prepare periodical and annual reports related to library and information services.
• To perform any other duties as may be directed by the Director of Training and the Management of the Institute.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A holder of a Degree on Library and Information Studies, and a post-graduate qualification in a related
• Field. It is preferable that the candidate possesses a post-qualification experience of not less than
• Five years; three (3) of which must be in a similar responsible position. Knowledge of computers and
• Computer-based systems is desirabla and essential.
Age: Not exceeding 40 years.
• The applicant should have a demonstrable record of experience as Librarian in an academic institution and must have initiative and drive.
• He / She should be able to work independently and must have proven experience in providing leadership, direction and co-ordination.
These posts carry competitive remuneration packages commensurate with the respective responsibilities and status of the Institute's scheme of service.
How to Apply:
Candidates meeting the job requirements should submit their application letters, with detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates. Applicants shall indicate their contact postal addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers (both mobile and land line and fax numbers (if any). They shall also submit two names of referees who can be contacted for reference.
The Executive Director,
The Tanzania Institute of Bankers 10th Floor,
NIC Investment House Samora Avenue/Mirambo Street,
P. O. Box 8182,
Dar Es Salaam