Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Employer: Muhimbili National Hospital
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 16th April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure laboratory capacity is improved and sustainable to meet the current needs and funn developments.
• To ensure laboratory process improvements and coordinate supply chain management
• To conducts laboratory assessments, including developing strategies and prioritizatia recommendations for the execution of the set strategies.
• To ensure staff compliance, certification of instrument performance, arranging instrumer replacement, service and repair
• To maintain and ensure execution of a Quality assurance program, consulting with Pathologists 0 services and developments, performing of proficiency surveys, making suggestions fa adjustments in policy and procedures.
• To resolve problems by consulting with Pathologists, other managers, technical supervisors Physicians, Nurses and other health care professional through attending committee meetings.
• To ensure compliance with government and professional continuing Minimum Qualificatiol licensure requirements by providing in service programs and monitoring outcome.
• To guide management and staff through laboratory accreditation and process improvement tha are critical to long term accreditation and smooth laboratory work flow.
• To maintain laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peal and slack periods; making operational and staff adjustments.
• To maintain professional and ethical job conducts of staff by counselling and disciplining employees plus monitoring and appraising job services and results.
• Manage consulting Medical Officer Responsibilities in CPL
Functional Technical Competencies:
• Solid judgment,
• Ability to assess risks, .
• Ability to champion standard operating procedures
• Analytical skills and problem solving are critical to this position.
• Sound knowledge and competence in computer skills- Microsoft word, excel, power point will be highly appreciated
• Bachelor's degree holder in Medical Laboratory Sciences or its equivalent with Masters in Medical
Technology/Masters in Public Health or MBA will be an added advantage .
• He or she should be registered with all necessary government licensure bodies.
• A minimum of not less than 3 years' experience in Laboratory management
• Must be a computer literate
How to Apply:
All applications letters should be sent by post using the address below and letters delivered by hand shall not be considered.
Applicants working with Government Institutions are required to get recommendations from their current employers
Applications accompanied with a detailed CV and copies of certificates, testimonials and names of three referees should be addressed to:
Muhimbili National Hospital,
P.O BOX 65000,
Dar es Salaam.
NB: This advertisement can also be accessed through the Hospital Website: www.mnh.or.tz