Employer: Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of simple reagents
• Cleaning of laboratory apparatus
• General cleanliness of the floors, windows, tables, sinks, coats
• Dusting of bookshelves, cleaning simple apparatus, equipment and machinery
• Makes requests for cleaning materials
• May be instructed to prepare samples for testing
• Implements routine safety measures in the laboratory
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications and experience:
Certificate of Secondary Education (Form Four) and Laboratory Assistants course with Trade
Test III or with two years vocational training from recognized institutions.
How to Apply:
All above posts carry attractive remuneration packages and fringe benefits in accordance with the qualifications and experience stated in the specific post.
• Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their hand
• written application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates,
• Testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• The CV must incorporate contact details including telephone numbers, email
• Addresses and three referees with their telephone numbers and addresses.
• Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
• The applications should reach the address below on or before 22-04-2014.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview. 12
• Applicants who are currently employed in the public service should route their
• Application letters through their respective employers.
• HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ALLOWED.
• This advert can also be viewed on TBS website www.tbs.go.tz.
Tanzania Bureau of Standards,
P. O. Box 9524,