Job Title: Process Control Engineer
Employer: African Barrick Gold (ABG)
Duty Station: Shinyanga and Mara, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 23rd April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies of PML, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Provide Technical leadership to the Suzwagi Process plant operations and maintenance departments to ensure agreed targets are achieved within corporate safety and environmental guidelines.
• Responsible for the administration of the Process Control System,
• Configure and maintain Citect SCADA and Siemens S7 PLC's.
• Participate in and support commissioning new control systems i and when required.
• Continually review every aspect of the control systems to ensure that opportunities to add value are identified and implemented Initiate and lead continuous improvement projects.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• BSC Electrical engineering degree or NHD equivalent
• Experience in SCADA projects in the mining sector (particular process plants) is preferred. Experience in manufacturing or the power industry would be acceptable.
• Control and Instrumentation background.
• Citect SCADA experience - certification would be highly regarded
• Sound knowledge of Siemens- S7 PLC.
• PLC programming skills, design and code generation.
• Must be proficient in modern communication systems an protocols including Profibus.
• Proven track record implementing, developing, and administering process control systems.
• Provide technical support and assistance to operational and maintenance teams.
• Experience in systematic coaching and training of employees would be beneficial.
• Previous commissioning experience would be advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience with PLC's and SCADA systems. Citect SCADA and Siemens S7 PLC preferred.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
• Birth Certificate/Copy of travelling Passport (Compulsory)
• Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
Details of previous employment;
• Home address (include village / town / city where living); Personal contact details (example; phone, email); Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
These positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to:email@example.com
African Barrick Gold has a strong commitment to envlronrnental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by African Barrick Gold within Thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
African Barrick Gold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.