Job Title: Input Market Development Specialist
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 16th April 2014
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The Input Market Development Specialist will work closely with the DCOP and the production/supply chain team to develop and implement projects;
• Develop strategic relationships and collaborations within the agricultural supply chain community; and support the projects work on supply chain sustainability. More specifically, the Input Market Development Specialist will:
• Support the projects agricultural supply chain partnership is part of the supply chain sustainability team to help the project play an effective role advancing its strategies through the development of partnerships with relevant agricultural supply chain entities.
• Manage the work by overseeing budgets for project work, developing work plans, negotiating project agreements and scopes of work, identifying and procuring necessary resources, project work and deliverables.
• Help identify and develop economic and business drivers for our water quality work, including economic drivers for effective placement of irrigation and water management interventions;
• This will include economic analysis, case development, and interaction with partners.
• Become sufficiently knowledgeable about the scope an breadth of the program's activities to participate effectively in production team, supply chain team, policy team, and communications team discussions.
• Help develop and apply appropriate means for measuring the success of corporate partnerships.
• In addition to these responsibilities, the incumbent will play an integral role in other activities including evaluating and recommending new project ideas;
• disseminating and communicating project results; and being a team player in the development of a vibrant and entrepreneurial program.
• We are seeking an individual with direct experience in successful project management and working with companies with a relevant graduate-level education and/or experience.
• Understanding of agricultural and agribusiness sectors will be critical ln addition, the general qualifications for this position are:
• Master's degree or higher in business administration, economics, farm management, or agronomy, soil science studies, or equivalent work experience .
• Experience working at senior level on input, seeds or water management issues, in particular experience working with farmers and members of the agricultural community and an understanding of the Tanzanian commodity agricultural supply chain, including key actors and incentives is a plus
• A working knowledge of the current theory and practice of corporate sustainability, and the role business can play in solving agricultural problems
• Five years of experience in project management, exceptional personal organization and attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Swahili and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience
• Strong analytical skills and experience in performing rigorous analysis in support of highly visible work Sense of humor and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to adapt quickly to new situations and changing demands
• An ability to work both independently and as a member of small teams in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment.
• Excellent leadership and supervisor skills.
Note: Regular travel between project locations required.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send their application letters attaching copies of CV to:
P. O. Box 33685,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Coca Cola Road
Off Bagamoyo Road (Mwenge)
Block B, 3rd floor
Citing the job name and job number in the subject line. Any application that does not cite the job name and the job number in the subject line will not be considered.