Job Title: Head of Internal Audit
Employer: First National Bank Tanzania (FNB)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
• Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and directly reporting to the Audit Chairman, and indirectly to the Group Internal Audit - the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
• The Head of Internal Audit is responsible for managing the internal auditing function.
• Develops and maintains a charter for the internal auditing function which reflects the department's responsibilities, authority, and reporting relationships.
• Develops and obtains proper approval for goals, audit work schedules, staffing plans, and financial budgets for the department. Coordinates the department's work with that of the bank's external auditor.
• Liaise with Group Internal Audit (GIA) as the link between FNB Tanzania audit and GIA.
• Liaising with the external auditors in order that both external and internal audit functions could be carried out efficiently and effectively with minimum duplication of efforts.
• Prepares a quarterly report of the department's progress in carrying out the plans developed.
• Performs individual audits according to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing issued by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Maintains personal proficiency and that of staff auditors by obtaining an adequate amount of continuing education.
• Supervises staff auditors by assigning them to jobs which match their abilities, reviewing their work, and appraising their performance. Ensure that the audit life cycle process is performed for all projects business units, including the support and head office units in terms of the internal audit methodology.
• Discuss audit findings with the relevant line management and obtain details for their corrective plans to finalise the draft audit report before sending it for review.
• Take appropriate measures for the prevention of frauds and elimination of conditions inducing fraudulent actions. Undertake special investigations at the directive of the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Committee/Audit Committee. Monitor the implementation of audit findings. ,
• Assist with forensic investigations in cases of theft, fraud and money laundering to determine whether correct procedures were followed. Compile and present reports to the Audit Committee.
• Review and identify additional risks including any that may be credit related. Accurate and timeous completion of internal audit projects.
Competencies and Skills:
• Interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Report writing skills
• Attention to detail
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Conflict resolution skills
• Computer literacy: Word, Excel, e-mail, Internal Audit related software
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
Qualifications and Knowledge Experience:
• Associate member of a recognized professional accounting body CPAIACCAICIA with extensive auditing experience
• 5 Years experience in a banking environment of which at least 2-3 years was in a managerial or departmental head level in a general office environment.
• Internal Audit Management systems
• Bank systems
How to Apply:
Send your CV to; First National Bank Tanzania,
FNB House, Ohio Street
P.O Box 72290,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please contact +255 768 989 006
FNB is an equal opportunity employer.