Employer: Mbeya Urban Water and Sewerage Authority (Mbeya UWSA)
Duty Station: Mbeya, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
• To survey and create water networks maps
• To survey and create sewerage networks maps
• To survey, collect and locate customer's information in the map using GIS Software
• To compile geographical data from a variety of sources including survey, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs and existing maps.
• To ensure compliance/linkage of different applications.
• To communicate/coordinate with other GIS users in the water supply and sanitation sector or other sectors.
• To train Mbeya UWSA staff on GIS applications.
• To enter new map data through use of a digitiser or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography and map scales.
• To operate and maintain GIS System hardware, software, plotter, digitizer, GPS, video camera and other project facilities.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Technical Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
• Holder of a Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Land Surveying & Planning/ Information Technology/Civil Engineering/Geography with Emphasis in GIS or should have pursued a certificate or diploma in GIS.
• GIS concepts an analytical techniques including computerized mapping and digital data conversion, manipulation and analysis. Knowledge of GIS Software, tools and applications including but not limited to Arc GIS, Auto CAD Suit applications or Microsoft Office suite.
• Minimum of two years work experience in a reputable organization. Experience with water utilities is an added advantage.
• Physically capable of completing assigned tasks and responsibilities while complying with deadlines.
• Not above 35 years of age.
Attractive package and fringe benefits as per Mbeya UWSA's incentives scheme will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Only qualified persons should submit their handwritten letters of application stating how they meet the advertised criteria attaching copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants are also required to indicate the names and contacts of at least three (3) work professional related referees.
Applications which do not meet the application requirements will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Lobbying and canvassing for appointment shall not be entertained and may work to the candidate's disadvantage.
Shortlisted candidates shall be subjected to competency assessment and reference checking.
The Managing Director,
Mbeya Urban Water and Sewerage Authority,
P. O. Box 2932,