Job Title: Finance Officer
Employer: Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 7th May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To facilitate payments to supported facilities and program staff during supportive supervision.
• Provide Technical Assistance and oversight on compliance with Donor and stakeholders requirement for financial management
• To collect, review and compile financial reports from supported facilities and other stakeholders and submit the report to FAa Follow-up of disbursement request from facilities and implementing partners
• To prepare financial reports and submit timely (monthly/quarterly/annually) financial reports and submit report to FAO.
• To ensure that fund disbursed to facilities is spent as per approved work plans and budgets.
• Make follow-up of funds from CSSC-head quarter and imprest retirement from project staff
• Record all financial transactions, maintain accounts records and safeguard Commission's assets in accordance with GAAP Facilitate general custodian services of assets include of office equipment, motor vehicle, and other assets
• Perform the implementation of financial administration, financial monitoring, and financial performance reports
• Carrying out monthly reconciliation that is bank reconciliation, staff debtors, creditors, staff imprest etc.
• Provide financial technical support to tile supported facilities.
• Carry out any other assignments as may be assigned by the supervisor and or the management
Qualifications and experience:
• Degree in B.com (Accounting or Finance), or Bachelor of Business Administration from recognized University or College. Post Graduate Degree or/with CPA will be an added advantage.
• At least a minimum of 3 years of working experience in Accounting and finance in projects and related activities.
Essential Skills and attributes:
• Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with people from different professional background.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team. Ability to translate financial rules and regulations
• Pro-active, collaborative and ability to organize and prioritize demanding activities.
• Ability to organize and meet deadlines Ability to produce daily liquidity position
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their application letter enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, three references and daytime telephone numbers to:
Christian Social Services Commission
4 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd
P. O. Box 9433
Dar Es Salaam
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.