Job Title: Finance Manager
Employer: Mbeya Urban Water and Sewerage Authority (Mbeya UWSA)
Duty Station: Mbeya, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
• To oversee the implementation of the Action Plans in Mbeya UWSA's Strategic Plan.
• To oversee preparation of Mbeya UWSA's performance and progress reports.
• To develop and review financial policies and accounting systems
• To control and monitor Mbeya UWSA's budget performance.
• To advice management on all matters related to accounting, finance and taxation.
• To ensure timely filing of provisional and final tax returns.
• To oversee the collection of Mbeya UWSA's revenue and controlling expenditure
• To design and initiate eternal financial control mechanisms.
• To advise management on the acquisition disposal of assets.
• To oversee implementation of auditor's recommendations.
• To appraise and counsel staff in the department.
• To supervise preparation of financial returns/accounts and ensure their timely filing with the relevant authorities.
• To ensure that all taxes, duties, statutory deductions and other deductions due to the Government and other agencies are timely dispensed.
• To liaise with Internal Auditors, External Auditors on the audit of the affairs of Mbeya UWSA's
Qualifications and experience:
• University Degree/Advanced Diploma majoring in Accounting or
• Finance from a recognized higher learning institution;
• Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance;
• Certified Public Accountant, CPA (T) or ACCA/CIMA.
• Knowledge and competency in Information and Communication Technology (lCT) application, and familiarity with anyone of the accounting software;
• A strong background of International Financial Reporting Standards
• (IFRS) and good knowledge of Public Sector Accounting and Reporting Principles.
• Not less than eight (8) years working experience in the relevant fields out of which three (3) years should be in a senior position within the finance department in a reputable organization.
• In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above
• position are required to have the following attributes:-
• A very high level of integrity, honest and sense of responsibility.
• A strong team player with good interpersonal skills and able to work with all levels of management.
• Positive attitude, self-organized, mature and meticulous with managerial capabilities.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision and produce the required results timely.
• Not above 45 years of age.
Attractive package and fringe benefits as per Mbeya UWSA's incentives scheme will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Only qualified persons should submit their handwritten letters of application stating how they meet the advertised criteria attaching copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants are also required to indicate the names and contacts of at least three (3) work professional related referees.
Applications which do not meet the application requirements will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Lobbying and canvassing for appointment shall not be entertained and may work to the candidate's disadvantage.
Shortlisted candidates shall be subjected to competency assessment and reference checking.
The Managing Director,
Mbeya Urban Water and Sewerage Authority,
P. O. Box 2932,