Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 16th April 2014
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide support to QDS/CS production align this to the distribution system on the ground.
• Provide support in developing production projections and business development plans for QDS producers in each particular geographical area within the project's assigned area.
• Ensure targeted achievements in terms of monitoring of QDS production volume, Marketing and linking new customers and business partners.
• Provide support in organization of activities; define priorities, control progress and quality of performance within the project's assigned area.
• Provide operational support for servicing major seed suppliers in his/her area.
• Develop simple projections and supply reporting tool & MIS detailing market trends, new seed launches and suggest an action plan to keep producers and consumers informed on seed prices.
• Provide support in the collaboration with research institutions KATRIN, CHOLlMA, Sokoine University successful through the release of appropriate drought tolerant varieties coming from research.
• Provide expertise and support in conducting demonstrations with KATRIN to review the TXD 306 optimum yield.
• Develop, prepare and train on the seed production demonstration protocol for varieties of rice and maize.
• Work closely with the team in the identification of producer groups to participate in multiplication of certified seeds.
• Provide expertise in the design and implementation of farmer training on QDS seed production.
• Support the dissemination of identified maize OPV /hybrid seeds varieties to be used in the maize growing areas Kongwa and Kiteto drought prone area.
• Work with farmers and seed companies to identify alternative crops like pigeon pea, green gram, and cowpea and soya bean to be used to improve soil status.
• Generate quality leads and build relationships with contacts within his area. Actively work with and improve the linkage within the input distribution chain in all project districts
• Assist with the local agriculture trade show, demonstration field days, and Demonstration~ Results Showcase coordination
• Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent education ( Plant Breeding, Agriculture Economics, Business Management, General Agriculture)
• Minimum 3 years plant breeding, seed production experience in sales, marketing, customer loyalty, or comparable field, within Agriculture Input Supply industry preferred, gained within a highly competitive B2B environment.
• Excellent organizational & time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Swahili and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience
• Computer knowledge: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, publisher
• Detail oriented
How to Apply:
Applicants should send their application letters attaching copies of CV to:
P. O. Box 33685,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Coca Cola Road
Off Bagamoyo Road (Mwenge)
Block B, 3rd floor
Citing the job name and job number in the subject line. Any application that does not cite the job name and the job number in the subject line will not be considered.