Employer: Mwananchi Communications Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Verifies facts and data developed in investigative and data based stories for Mwananchi Communications (MCL) newspapers.
• Analyses, evaluates facts and figures/numbers provided in the stories to bring clear and accurate meaning of the content.
• Checks, analyses facts and data; quality of content, accuracy and ensure that they meet the journalistic code of ethics, editorial objectives and house style.
• Receives and pass the stories to the Investigation editors for checking and processing for editing.
• Liaises with Investigation Editors to ensure proper usage of content.
• Achieves targets:
Deadlines control - Zero tolerance
• Customer service: 24 hour turnaround for resolution of complaints
Qualifications and Experience:
• Academic: Basic University Degree in Statistics, Economics, or Sociology
• Professional: Post-graduate Diploma, or Diploma in Journalism Experience: At least one year working experience.
How to Apply:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact to;
Human Resources Manager,
Mwananchi Communications Ltd,
P. O. Box 19754.
Dar es Salaam.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.