Job Title: Deputy Managing Director (Ref No.Pass/Dmd/04l14)
Employer: Private Agricultural Sector Support (Pass)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 18th April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reporting to and advising the Managing Director on all areas pertaining to the management of the Trust;
• To support the MD in executing all activities so as to achieve the mandate of PASS;
• To ensure that each branch sets appropriate targets for growth, that credit guarantee fund utilization grows proportionate to the growth of the branch.
• To appraise the credit guarantee fund and its delivery modalities on regular basis and come up with suggestions on how to improve it and propose additional suitable delivery mechanisms to ensure the fund's utilization growth, sustainability and efficiency.
• To Identify and introduce new business development products to meet the requirements of the evolving agricultural sector and delineate such products according to zones if necessary.
• Assist in preparation of commercial models for contract farming and facilitating principle-aqent engagements with the ultimate aim of using PASS Credit Guarantee Funds (CGF).
• Evaluate high value agriculture sub sectors and identify constraints that impede exploitation by farmers. Propose business development services that could be provided commercially to overcome the bottlenecks and utilize PASS CGF.
• Foster value chain development relationships in all agricultural activities supported by PASS;
• Supporting the MD in fostering strategic working relationships with agricultural projects and programs in the country;
• Coaching and building the capacity of PASS staff.
• Assisting the MD and other staff in preparing business reports, work plans and budgets; and
• Performing any other assignments as may be assiqned by the Board of Trustees, the MD within the scope of PASS Trust 8usiness.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A business development specialist with good knowledge/experience in African agriculture and agribusiness development,
• A good academic background, minimum Master's Degree in agricultural field, preferably in agricultural economics or any similar qualification
• A minimum 7 years of which 5 should be at senior managerial position
• Relevant experience in commercialization of agriculture particularly in sub-Saharan Africa region will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
• Must demonstrate experience in credit guarantee schemes and other financial or non-financial business development services required to accelerate investments in small and medium scale farming and agro enterprises.
• Adequate experience in agricultural value chain interventions for enhancement of small/medium scale agricultural development.
• Knowledge in agricultural financing and experience in facilitation of lending to smallholders including experience in negotiating with Banks
• Should have hands on experience in business planning and project appraisal; familiarity and use of tools for agricultural and investment projects analysis is essential.
• Must have good presentation skills-be familiar with Microsoft office applications, and be able to make presentations by using power point.
• Excellent managerial and interpersonal-skills and ability to motivate and inspire a pool of professional staff.
Note: For the MD position only applications of Tanzanian Nationals will be considered however for the OMO positions other East African Nationalities will be considered.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, send your application, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees. Please quote the respective Reference number on both on the application letter and envelope.
Applications should be submitted to the address below no later than 18 April 2014.
Applications which do not indicate the reference number or attach an application letter or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Email applications should bear the reference number of the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Executive Selection Division,
Deloitte Consulting Limited
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue