Job Title: Dental Assistant
Employer: Aga Khan Health Service
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 5th May 2014
The Dental Assistant will assist the dentists/consultants in four-handed dentistry and keep the dental operatories equipped with materials supply for dental procedures.
• Assist clinicians in patient examination/procedures including setting up accordingly; Provide low and high volume suction during procedures;
• Mix and manipulate dental materials;
• Carry medical record files to the clinic as required;
• Expose, develop and file intra-oral periapical radiograph using manual and automatic processor as well as develop occlusal radiographs;
• Manage patient recalls;
• Assist residents and consultants during orthodontic records including photographs; Keep track and follow up with laboratory technicians;
• Maintain dental operatories, keep record of dental materials, instruments and patient dental records like x-rays, models etc
• Involved in prophy, take x-rays, and-place rubber dams;
• Report any faulty or missing equipment to the concerned department; Minor repairs on dentures and orthodontic appliances in dental laboratory; Prepare monthly duty roster of all dental assistants and ensure adherence.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• Applicants must have a Diploma in Community Oral Health or equivalent with at least 2 years relevant experience from a reputable institution.
• S/he should be able to ensure infection control protocol in dental operatories and have excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to, the Manager,
Dar es Salaam.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted