Job Title: Water Network Engineer
Employer: Mbeya Urban Water and Sewerage Authority (Mbeya UWSA)
Duty Station: Mbeya, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
• To repair all water leakages as they occur.
• To find the causes for water loss and make necessary rectification.
• To ensure that new customers get water connections as scheduled and as per specification.
• To monitor and report unauthorized water connections.
• To timely attend to customers' complaints regarding lack of water and quality.
• To ensure that water flows through the laid down water network. To keep proper records of water distribution.
• To report and repair timely pipes bursts.
• To make follow ups of main water distribution pipe-lines
• To ensure all bulk meters are functioning and their readings are carried out effectively
• To keep record of daily breakdowns of water distribution system and repaired breakdowns.
• To flush water distribution lines, remove stagnant water and other sediments regularly.
• To ensure that water in the distribution system is not contaminated from customers' services lines.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by Technical Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Holder of a Degree/Advanced Diploma in Civil/Water Resources. Engineering.
• Registered as a Professional Engineer with Engineers' Registration Board ofTanzania.
• Competency and experience in the use of the software packages for the preparation of engineering drawings is desirable.
• Master's Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma in Water Supply Engineering is an added advantage.
• Working experience of at least three (3) as an engineer in the operation and maintenance of water works.
• Personal interest, commitment, flexibility and ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
• Good Written and Communication Skills.
• Well organized, ability to work in a team to achieve the team goals.
• Not above40 years of age.
Attractive package and fringebenefits as per Mbeya UWSA's incentives scheme will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Only qualified persons should submit their handwritten letters of application stating how they meet the advertised criteria attaching copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants are also required to indicate the names and contacts of at least three (3) work professional related referees.
Applications which do not meet the application requirements will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Lobbying and canvassing for appointment shall not be entertained and may work to the candidate's disadvantage.
Shortlisted candidates shall be subjected to competency assessment and reference checking.
The Managing Director,
Mbeya Urban Water and Sewerage Authority,
P. O. Box 2932,