Job Title: Public Relations Officer II
Employer: Ardhi University
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 11th April 2014
• Assists in the routine public relations activities such as the compiling features for the University Newsletter, carrying out of photographic assignments and handling of advertisements.
• Reports public criticisms and complaints to one's superiors.
• Assists in the liaising with mass media on press matters.
• Assists in organising official functions, tours and protocol.
• Assists in manning exhibition stands (e.g. Trade Fairs, Open Day exhibitions, etc)
• Assists in facilitating conferences, seminars, ceremonies, etc.
• Assists in the production of Radio and TV programmes.
• Maintains photographic records of major events.
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by one's reporting officer
• Records outgoing registered correspondence and telegrams.
• Maintains a register of files sent ~ to or received from different offices.
• Dispatches mail going straight to various offices, mail clearing centre and Post Office in time according to instructions.
• Assembles flimsy copies and files them for circulation to respective Officers.
• Re-addresses mail and answers questions on dispatch, postage and postal procedures and regulations.
• Reviews bring-up files.
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by one's reporting officer.
Qualification & Experience:
• Holder of First Degree/Advanced Diploma in Journalism/Mass Communication or any other related field with working experience of at least three years in a similar position plus ICT skills.
How to Apply:
1. All academic awards should be from recognized Universities and Institutions.
All applicants must submit signed application letters accompanied with the following:
i) Copies of relevant academic and professional certificates;
ii) Three names and complete addresses of referees;
iii) Current CV
Should reach the University by using the address below;
The Deputy vice Chancellor,
(Planning, Finance and Administration) Ardhi University,
P.O. Box 35176,
Dar es Salaam.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Further information about the University can be obtained through www.aru.ac.tz.