Employer: DCB Bank
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 2nd May 2014
• To determine the Bank's vision, mission and values.
• To formulate, monitor and evaluate bank's policies and strategies.
• To review on a regular basis the adequacy and integrity of the Bank's internal control, financial reporting, risk management and management information systems including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and guidelines
• To appoint and regularly review and evaluate the performance of the Managing -Director, Senior Management of the Bank.
• To assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the Board performance, collectively and of individual directors.
• To meet the obligation of accountability to Shareholders
• Any other duties stipulated under the law.
• A holder of master degree with extensive experience of not less than five years with a proven track record in banking, accounting and economics.
• Highest moral and ethical character. He or She must exhibit independence, objectivity and be capable of serving as a representative of the shareholders.
• Personal qualities sufficient to make substantial active contributions to Board deliberations, these include intelligence, self-assuredness, a high ethical standard, inter-personal skills, independence, courage, a willingness to ask the difficult question, communication skills and commitment.
• Willing to commit, as well as have, sufficient time available to discharge the duties of Board membership.
• A member of a National Assembly or House of Representative or Local Authority is not eligible.
• Must not have any criminal record or history of bankruptcy.
How to Apply:
Qualified and experienced candidates are requested to send application letters detailing their suitability, detailed CV, certified copies of relevant certificates and awards, certified copy of last two pages of a current passport, four recent passport size photos and three recommendation letters from professional referees and send to:
The Managing Director
P. O. Box 19798,
Dar es Salaam
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Up country' candidates will meet their own travel and accommodation costs for any interview.