Job Title: Associate Director Finance
Employer: World Vision Tanzania
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reporting to the Finance Director this position will support the design, development and assessment of organizational Financial Management Strategies to achieve the overarching business goals. Specifically, working closely with the Grants Finance Managers at Head Office and the Senior Cluster Accountants at Cluster level, the position is responsible for ensuring that sound Financial practices and adequate internal controls exist within all projects, promote High standards of accountability and stewardship of resources, Ensure timely and Accurate Financial reporting to the International Office and Donors, and Promote strong audit performance and Compliance.
• The Associate Director Finance is expected to communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Knowledge Skills, Abilities& Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent from reputable university.
• Fully qualified Accountant with CPA (T) or ACCA and current member of NBBA.
• Minimum of 6years in Financial Management at senior level preferably in NGO
• MBA in Finance, Strategic Management, Leadership, Accounting or equivalent will be added advantage.
• Experience in working with various donors like USAID, ECHO,GOG, AUSAID,CIDA etc is preferred
• Ability to work under pressure with strong supervisory skills in managing virtual teams.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting the criteria should submit their applications through World Vision via the apply now button below before 6th May 2014.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
World Vision is a Christian Development, Relief and Advocacy Non Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. "Our vision for every child, Life in all its fullness; Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so".
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record. World Vision Tanzania candidates for employment should be ready to read, understand, sign and adhere to the World Vision Tanzania Child protection policy which helps safeguard children from any forms of exploitation, sexual and physical abuse.
The discovery of any previous child abuse offenses (before or after an offer of employment) WILL disqualify a candidate
Please visit the following link for detailed advertisement: http://www.wvi.org/tanzania/careers
Thank you for considering employment with World Vision!