Job Title: Assistant Tax Officers
Employer: Tanzania Revenue Authority
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th April 2014
• Conduct desk and field audits on presumption cases and other relevant areas.
• Assist in the preparation of action plans on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Conduct physical survey and Block management.
• Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly/semi-annual and annual reports on assessments
• Conduct interviews for new taxpayers.
• Verify assessments manually or by using a computer.
• Prepare the tax positions for all taxpayers and arrears list.
• Conduct face vetting of application for tax exemptions/relief forms, refunds and tax returns.
• Process additional taxes and interest certificates.
• Prepare demand letters to tax defaulters and impose collection penalties and follow up payments.
• Vetting of motor vehicle registration documents.
• Renew annual motor vehicle licences, transfers of ownership motor vehicles and issue driving license.
• Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
• First Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, Tax Management, or its equivalent from a recognized Institution/University
• Age Limit: Not above thirty (30) years.
• Post Graduate studies in Taxation or its equivalent from a recognised higher learning Institution will be added advantage.
• Leadership and Team Building
• Strategic Focus and Managing Change
• Managing Performance and Accountability
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
How to Apply:
ll applicants are required to properly fill in the application form provided in the system. Please be informed that shortlisting is a machinery process done through the Human resources Information System. Failure to fill in all the fields properly may lead to disqualification.
For assistance on how to fill in the Job Application Form please make use of on line “HELP” available under the Application Form or dial TRA Call Centre Tel: 0800110016 (TTCL & Vodacom), 0786 800000 (AIRTEL) , 0713800333 (TIGO) from 0800 to 1700 Hours Monday to Friday. These are Toll free numbers.