Job Title: Assistant Customs Officers
Employer: Tanzania Revenue Authority
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th April 2014
• Control all goods being entered into the country.
• Control export and transit goods.
• Conduct documents checking.
• Verify information in refund claims.
• Prepare enquiries and offence files.
• Check the classification of goods.
• Assess and value goods.
• Release goods after payment of duties.
• Prepare various returns for Customs & Excise Headquarters.
• Provide information for preparation of Management reports (various).
• Conduct the physical verification of goods.
• Perform anti- smuggling patrols.
• Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Advanced Diploma or University Degree in Customs or Taxation or Economics or Finance or Business Administration or Law or its equivalent from a recognized Institution/University.
• Age Limit: Not above thirty (30) years.
• Postgraduate Studies in taxation/Customs or its equivalent, and training in Security matters will be added advantage.
• Leadership and Team Building
• Strategic Focus and Managing Change
• Managing Performance and Accountability
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Computer Literacy.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
How to Apply:
All applicants are required to properly fill in the application form provided in the system. Please be informed that shortlisting is a machinery process done through the Human resources Information System. Failure to fill in all the fields properly may lead to disqualification.
For assistance on how to fill in the Job Application Form please make use of on line “HELP” available under the Application Form or dial TRA Call Centre Tel: 0800110016 (TTCL & Vodacom), 0786 800000 (AIRTEL) , 0713800333 (TIGO) from 0800 to 1700 Hours Monday to Friday. These are Toll free numbers.