Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Employer: Dar es Salaam Corridor Committee (DCC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 7th May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Processing of financial transactions and maintaining accurate records;
• Preparing and maintaining books of accounts in line with established procedures;
• Undertaking account reconciliation for key accounts (debtors, creditors, bank) ;
• Maintaining and updating records of assets.
Qualifications and experience:
• Recognized degree in Accounting and recognized professional certification (such as CPA,ACCA,CMA);
• Minimum 3 years working in a busy and professional accounting environment;
• Knowledge/ experience with financial and accounting software applications.
• Knowledge of local accounting practices and relevant laws desirable.
• Registered and/or recognised by the National Board of Accountancy in Tanzania.
• Experience on donor-funded projects desirable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send an application in PDF format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy to: email@example.com, specifying the position being applied for in the subject of the email, and attach the most recent Curriculum Vitae, with names of three (3) professional referees, including copies of relevant certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.