Job Title: Assistant Accountant 
Employer Good Neighbors International (GNI)
Duty Station: Mwanza, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 11th April 2014
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Ensures that all donations received are properly accounted for.
• Prepares payment Vouchers (Bank and Cash), and Petty Cash Payment, Posts all payment to the appropriate register in QuickBooks. Maintains all necessary supporting documentation.
• Banks all income received and affects all cash withdrawal.
• Prepare all necessary documentation for tax practices and legal procedures
• Handle and ensure the inventories and the properties
• Prepare the monthly financial report through QuickBooks, the monthly payroll and the related job
• Maintains a Computerized fixed asset register and ensures this is updated regularly in system.
• Perform any other duty related to the account department that might be assigned by the director
• Advance Diploma/Diploma in Accounting or its equivalent.
• Good communication skills in English and Kiswahili languages
• Computer literacy ( MS word & MS Excel)
• Solid knowledge about the government tax process such as NSSF, PAYE, SDL etc
• Strong financial technical skills, Creativity, Adaptability, Demonstrated concrete decision-making and judgment.
• High degree of honesty and the enthusiasm toward the assigned work
• Added advantage point : Knowledge of QuickBooks, Minimum 3 years of working experience in the account department
How to Apply:
Send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualification and competencies making you the right candidate for this position. Enclose a detailed updated CV, Telephone contacts and details of at least 3referees with their emails, address and phone numbers.
Candidates may hand-deliver or mail application to:
The Country Director,
Good Neighbors Tanzania
Job interview will be in the third week of April with the personal notice.