Job Ref. No. 405
Employer: Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To prepare annual operating expenditure and revenue budgets;
• To check the correctness of claims and verify payments;
• To ensure that expenditures fall within the budget limits;
• To ensure that revenue collected is properly receipted and banked;
• To participate in periodic stock-taking exercise;
• To prepare bank reconciliations for both expenditure and revenue accounts;
• To process monthly payroll and verify payroll results;
• To reconcile trade debtors’ accounts;
• To extract and review aged receivables report and recommend recovery measures;
• To develop individual objectives/targets and performance standards as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate superior;
• To perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, Advanced Diploma in Accounting or Finance from a reputable university/Institute;
• Successful completion of Module C&D of NBAA (Intermediate Stage), NBAA Professional Level II or its equivalent;
• At least one (1) year of working experience in a reputable organization;
• Knowledge and experience in transport and licensing activities and ICT applications including Accounting packages will be an added advantage; and
• Holders of CPA (T) will have additional added advantage.
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight schedules and deadlines;
• Possess basic knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) application, such as; Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook etc.
Terms of Employment
Successful candidates will be employed on Unspecified Period of Contract (Permanent and Pensionable Terms). However, the employment will only be confirmed after completion of six (6) months’ probation period with candidate’s successful performance.
How to Apply:
Applications should be on applicants’ handwriting indicating the reference number (Ref. No.) of the application, accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) providing names, positions and detailed contacts of three (3) reliable referees, and copies of relevant certificates and transcripts.
Application letter and the envelope should bear the Ref. No. of the post applied.
Application without Ref. No. will not be considered.
Applications with statement/Provisional results or Statements of Results from the
Issuing Authority (e.g. NECTA, University, College) where the Certificates have already been issued will not be considered, thus, need not to apply.
Application should be submitted in envelope to the address below. Any application received after the due date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
Sumatra Head Office,
Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd/Nkomo St.
P. O. Box 3093,
Dar Es Salaam.