Employer: ASA Microfinance (Tanzania) Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 10th April 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Respond to inquiries from the Chief Financial Officer regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
• Liaison with the respective govt. department, submitting return and maintain proper compliance with them.
• Have sound knowledge on practical application of latest version of IAS/IFRS including treatment of foreign currency transaction.
• Handle the company Tax, pay Tax & other withholding Tax.
• Ensure and handle external and internal audits.
• Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
• Ensure monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Collaborate with the other departments in the organization to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Monitor and analyze departmental work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• To maintain liaison with banks and financial institution regarding loans and assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
• To ensure the optimum utilization of fund.
• To maintain Dealer Accounts and reconcile the Accounts on timely manner.
• Have frequent visit to different branches when and as necessary.
Academic Qualification & Experience Requirements:
• Masters/ Bachelors in Commerce (Accounts/ Finance) with qualified CPA.
• Minimum 5 – 7 years professional experiences in relevant field.
• Experience in working with NGOs/Financial Institutions/Banks/Group of Companies
• Well conversant with Ms Office Package, Excel and Acpac plus/ Tally and in house developed software.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Working in any financial institution’s Accounts Department.
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
• Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
• Knowledge and ability in the use of software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Ability to effectively use a modern automated financial management system.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
• Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
Salary Range: Negotiable on the basis of qualification, competencies and experiences.
How to Apply:
Applicant who consider himself/herself competent with the above mentioned position, please send the soft copy of your CV along with application, passport size photograph and contact details to the CEO, ASA Microfinance (Tanzania) Limited, at this Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short listed candidate will be contacted for interview.