Job Ref. No. 406
Employer: Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To receive cash and issue receipts;
• To bank all cash collected intact on the collection day or the following working day;
• To maintain petty cash Imprest;
• To Generate payments and write/print cheques in expenditure accounting system;
• To dispatch cheques to banks, staff and suppliers and maintain cheque register;
• To Collect bank statements, bank Pay-in slips and other documents from banks;
• To assist in writing books of account;
• To ensure that all the accounting documents in the section are properly filed;
• To do data entry/capture information in accounting systems;
• To prepare billing details from Manifest prints; and
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Minimum qualifications and Requirements
• Diploma in Accounting / Finance or its equivalent from a reputable Institution;
• Successful completion of Module A&B of NBAA (Foundation Stage), NBAA Professional Level I or its equivalent;
• Knowledge and experience in application of accounting packages will be an added advantage; and
• At least one year of working experience to the related field.
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight schedules and deadlines;
• Possess basic knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) application, such as; Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook etc.
Terms of Employment
Successful candidates will be employed on Unspecified Period of Contract (Permanent and Pensionable Terms). However, the employment will only be confirmed after completion of six (6) months’ probation period with candidate’s successful performance.
How to Apply:
Applications should be on applicants’ handwriting indicating the reference number (Ref. No.) of the application, accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) providing names, positions and detailed contacts of three (3) reliable referees, and copies of relevant certificates and transcripts.
Application letter and the envelope should bear the Ref. No. of the post applied.
Application without Ref. No. will not be considered.
Applications with statement/Provisional results or Statements of Results from the
Issuing Authority (e.g. NECTA, University, College) where the Certificates have already been issued will not be considered, thus, need not to apply.
Application should be submitted in envelope to the address below. Any application received after the due date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
Sumatra Head Office,
Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd/Nkomo St.
P. O. Box 3093,
Dar Es Salaam.