Employer: Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To drive Authority’s motor vehicles as assigned by the Supervisor and complies with the state traffic laws;
• To make pre -inspection to the assigned vehicle prior traveling and perform its routine service;
• To keep record in the logbook on motor vehicle services, movements, distance covered, fuel consumption, changing of tyres and batteries;
• To report vehicle mechanical defects discovered and physical damage to the Supervisor as per Authority’s Regulations;
• To ensure that the assigned motor vehicle has required documents and equipment like fire extinguisher, toolbox and reflective triangles;
• To deliver documents as per delivery order and the Supervisor’s instructions;
• To keep records of documents delivered to customers/stakeholders;
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum qualifications and Requirements:
• Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE);
• Driving License - Classes A, B, C, D & E;
• Trade Test Grade III or Advanced Drivers Certificate Grade III from a recognized institution; and
• At least one year of working experience in a reputable public institution.
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight schedules and deadlines;
• Possess basic knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) application, such as; Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook etc.
Terms of Employment
Successful candidates will be employed on Unspecified Period of Contract (Permanent and Pensionable Terms). However, the employment will only be confirmed after completion of six (6) months’ probation period with candidate’s successful performance.
How to Apply:
Applications should be on applicants’ handwriting indicating the reference number (Ref. No.) of the application, accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) providing names, positions and detailed contacts of three (3) reliable referees, and copies of relevant certificates and transcripts.
Application letter and the envelope should bear the Ref. No. of the post applied.
Application without Ref. No. will not be considered.
Applications with statement/Provisional results or Statements of Results from the
Issuing Authority (e.g. NECTA, University, College) where the Certificates have already been issued will not be considered, thus, need not to apply.
Application should be submitted in envelope to the address below. Any application received after the due date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
Sumatra Head Office,
Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd/Nkomo St.
P. O. Box 3093,
Dar Es Salaam.