Job Title: Personal Secretary II – 3 Posts
Employer: Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Typing and printing of documents
• Photocopying documents
• Types all general correspondence and non-confidential matters
• Files letters in relevant files
• Receives and directs visitors
• Servicing committee meetings
• Takes proper care of all machines under his/her charge and makes sure they are used for official work only
• Attends telephone calls and takes messages
• Makes travel arrangements for officers
• Scrutinizes incoming mail and channels them to respective officers
• Provides secretarial services at general staff meetings
• Files and distributes documents to respective officers
• Handles personal and confidential matters
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Superior
Qualifications and experience:
Holders of Certificate of Secondary Education (CSE) or Advanced Certificate of Secondary
Education (ACSE) with two years training in Typing with passes in Manuscript and Tabulation
Stage III, Office Practice Stage II, Secretarial Duties Stage II, 50 WPM in Typing and Shorthand
Stage III from a recognized institution. Computer knowledge is essential, with proficiency in Office applications.
How to Apply:
All above posts carry attractive remuneration packages and fringe benefits in accordance with the qualifications and experience stated in the specific post.
• Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their hand
• written application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates,
• Testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• The CV must incorporate contact details including telephone numbers, email
• Addresses and three referees with their telephone numbers and addresses.
• Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
• The applications should reach the address below on or before 22-04-2014.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview. 12
• Applicants who are currently employed in the public service should route their
• Application letters through their respective employers.
• HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ALLOWED.
• This advert can also be viewed on TBS website www.tbs.go.tz.
Tanzania Bureau of Standards,
P. O. Box 9524,