Employer: Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive and bank cash deposits from clients as per supervisor’s instruction
• Assist in effecting cash payments to clients
• Keep record of transactions and reconcile them with cash balance
• Receive and keep proper custody of all bills, invoices and other claims pending for
• Prepare petty cash payment vouchers and accounts documents
• Issue receipts and keep in safe custody all accounts and supporting documents pending
• Keep records and make follow-up of all debts from credit clients
• Dispatch letters and other documents relating to accounts issues to the bank
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and experience:
Holders of Advanced Diploma in Accounting or Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting,
Finance or its equivalent from recognized institutions. Computer skills are essential.
How to Apply:
All above posts carry attractive remuneration packages and fringe benefits in accordance with the qualifications and experience stated in the specific post.
• Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their hand
• written application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates,
• Testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• The CV must incorporate contact details including telephone numbers, email
• Addresses and three referees with their telephone numbers and addresses.
• Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
• The applications should reach the address below on or before 22-04-2014.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview. 12
• Applicants who are currently employed in the public service should route their
• Application letters through their respective employers.
• HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ALLOWED.
• This advert can also be viewed on TBS website www.tbs.go.tz.
Tanzania Bureau of Standards,
P. O. Box 9524,