Job Title: Sub Editor – 2 posts
Employer: Mwananchi Communications Limited
Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Checks and corrects editorial copy allocated by the Chief Sub-Editor for facts, ac¬curacy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity, and spellings.
• Subs copy to fit allocated space without distorting facts or dispensing with the sa¬lient points.
• Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity and style.
• Rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
• Edits the pictures selected by the Chief Sub-Editor to fit the allocated space, and writes/rewrites appropriate caption taking care not to merely state the obvious details.
• Submits the edited copy to the Chief Sub-Editor within set deadlines.
• Makes up the editorial pages as directed by the Chief Sub-Editor.
• Checks all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
• At least four years' experience in journalism part of which as a sub editor
• Degree in Journalism
• Mastery of English and Swahili grammar
How to Apply:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact to;
Human Resources Manager,
Mwananchi Communications Ltd,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.