Job Title: Process Plant Operator - 2 Posts
Employer: African Barrick Gold (ABG)
Duty Station: Shinyanga and Mara, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 23rd April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Operate the Process Plant in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production targets.
• Operate the Process Plant to achieve metallurgical key performance indicators.
• Operate mobile equipment associated with the Process Plant.
• Report all maintenance requirements and operating problems to the Shift Supervisor.
• Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills and develop full potential.
• Be proactive in all aspects of Process Plant security to prevent and eliminate theft and fraud.
• Participate with regular safety meetings.
• Carry out any other relevant duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Form VI Secondary Education; or
• FTCI Trade test grade 1 in mechanical or electrical disciplines.
• Process Operator: Minimum of 2 years' experience in similar position in a Process Plant in Tanzania is essential.
• Consistent demonstration of ABG Core Values, able to work and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision.
• Good written and verbal English language skills are essential.
• Valid Driver's license/Mobile equipment operating license
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
• Birth Certificate/Copy of travelling Passport (Compulsory)
• Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
Details of previous employment;
• Home address (include village / town / city where living); Personal contact details (example; phone, email); Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
These positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading)
via e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
African Barrick Gold has a strong commitment to envlronrnental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by African Barrick Gold within Thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
African Barrick Gold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.