Job Title: Weighbridge Operator – 8 Posts
Employer: Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
Duty Station: Tanga, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th March 2014
• Holder of full Technician Certificate in Civil Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTq,
• Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen:
• Not above 35 years of age
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
2. Carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic (maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following:
• Weighing Motor Vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3.500kg plying on our
• Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded motor vehicles;
• Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or non- compliance with vehicle dimension limits by the transporter for provision of relevant advice;
• Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
• Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
• Reporting all matters of the respective shift to the Shift In-charge;
• Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift In-charge / Regional Manager.
How to Apply:
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their hand written applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates, together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 30th March, 2014 applications via e-mails and fax will not be considered.
Please apply to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.