Job Title: Technical Advisor Management and Administration
Employer: St Francis Referral Hospital (SFRH)
Duty Station: Ifakara, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 19th March 2014
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• General support and coaching to the hospital management to set up an efficient management system of resources
• Chief advisor to administrator and medical director on all administrative, financial and Human resource issues
• Establish instruments to control and to report improvements
• Prepare and facilitate the succession planning to ensure sustainability
• Lead development of administration procedures
• Support administrator in developing scheme of service and salary structure
• Participate in the preparation of budget, finalization of accounts and implementation of auditors comments
• Regular communication and transparency
• Support administrator in developing instruments to monitor and control the use of resources including infrastructure, equipment and materials at departmental level
• Support administrator to coordinate support to SFRH by different partners particularly finances, materials and equipment utilization.
• Organize and coordinate short term supporting missions of technical back stoppers in specialized areas
• Work closely with all project stakeholders including
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Business Administration, MBA, MPH or related qualifications
• 5-10 years experience of working in a hospital, especially in hospital management and quality improvement
• Knowledge of Hospital Management and training
• Ability to teach and train and mentor staff and developing specific goals and plans for the trainees.
• Knowledgeable of challenges of working in Africa
• Should be available for the period of project life cycle 3 years or a minimum of 2 years.
You'll be able to work independently and plan your work with little supervision. You'll be an enabler and facilitator of change, not determining the change itself.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the on-line application form.