Job Title: Systems Engineer
Employer: Tanzania Network Information Centre (TZNIC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 2nd April 2014
• The Systems Engineer will be expected to handle the following tasks:
• System development and/or programming.
• Assist the Technical Officer in technical management of the day to day running of the Centre;
• Assist the Technical Officer in preparing technical reports and papers 011 the organizations activities for presentation to the Policy Advisory Committee (PAC) of tzNIC.
• Assist the Technical Officer to administer the dot tz and its sub-domains and effectively provide Domain Registry Services to Registrars and Registrants,
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Technical Officer.
• Bachelor'S degree in Information Communication Technology! Computer science or equivalent qualifications
• Knowledge in Internet routing protocols, Networking, Unix Operating systems, Domain Name Systems (DNS) and Databases.
• At least two (2) years working experience in the information Communication Technology (Internet, IT and/or Telecommunications) industry.
• Knowledge of Cisco IOS and Junos technologies will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Good interpersonal communication skills.
• Proactive and self starting with ability to work unsupervised or with minimum supervision. Achievement and result oriented team player.
Attractive emoluments shall be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Qualified personnel should forward applications with most recent prepared CV and copies of certificates/testimonials not later than 2nd April 2014 to the address below.
Tanzania Network Information Centre (TZNIC).
P.O. Box 34543
Dar es Salaam.