Employer: Howard Humphrey
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 28th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Study, investigate, review, design and supervise construction of water and sanitation projects;
• Preparation of tender documentation for water/sanitation and road projects;
• Write up of relevant project calculations, development of drawings, design reports, progress reports and feasibility 'reports;
• Review and write up of water/sanitation and road technical proposals and Expressions of Interest;
• Project management of water/sanitation projects through correspondence with clients, local authorities and contractors;
• Measure work during construction, preparation and review of contractor's payment certificates.
• Carry out site assessment, field investigations and data collection in the field.
• Prepare engineering drawings, and check drawings prepared by CAD Technicians and other Engineers
• Prepare bills of quantities and tender documents
• Prepare design reports and project documentations Supervise construction of civil engineering works to ensure adherence to specifications
• Liaise with Clients and other professionals on project mailers Train junior engineers
• Any other duties assigned related thereto.
Education/Skills and Competencies:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering minimum upper second grade
• Registration with relevant engineering bodies Membership in Professional Societies
• Eight (8) years experience and above on Design and Supervision of Water/Sanitation projects
• Technical judgment for the sound design of water/sanitation systems;
• Project management skills to be able to lead the team; Proficiency of computer packages including Microsoft office, AutoCAD, and water/sanitation related design software;
• Financial management skills;
• Public relation skills to resolve issues and conflicts;
• Report writing skills to consciously communicate with the various players in a project.
• Construction supervision skills to ensure quality output; Time management skills to deliver the project in time
How to Apply:
Submit your handwritten application letter, copies of qualification certificates together with typed detailed, curriculum vitae with three referees with their address, telephone and email contacts not later than 2 weeks to the following address;
Howard Humphrey's (Tanzania) Ltd,
Chole Road, Msasani Peninsula,
Dar es Salaam