Job title: Senior Accountant
Employer: SOS Children’s Village Zanzibar
Duty Station: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Take lead on the preparation on the annual budget in consultation with the Financial Controller, ensuring that sufficient financial resources are available to support the organization’s plans and activities.
• Manages the Organization’s funds and make sure the organization runs according to financial budget frame
• Undertake periodic checks of assets and stores are done, and prepare reports on the same for management
• Design and implement internal controls mechanism to ensure there is robust Financial Internal Control System
• Prepare monthly expenditure in relation to budget reports and inform management on a timely basis;
• Ensure that staff payroll administration is verified for accuracy, properly processed and that all statutory payments such as PAYE are made on a timely basis;
• Manage banking accounts and balances effectively and efficiently including undertaking monthly bank account reconciliations Foreign exchange management as and cash flow management in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all financial documents are accurately supported, approved and coded, and that all cheque list, petty cash, Purchase Orders are maintained correctly;
• Ensure that all financial transactions (including grant disbursement and date are correctly implemented according to policies and procedures;
• Prepare high quality financial reports Including professional annual financial statements in a timely basis;
• Ensures all funds are properly controlled and that all administrative and financial procedures are followed.
Academic Qualification and Experiences:
• University graduate in Finance Management or Accounting
• CPA/ACCA qualified
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as Accountant in a busy environment (preferably with an NGO).
• Experience in managing Funds of Multilateral donors.
How to Apply:
Send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies making you the right candidate for this position,
Enclose a detailed updated CV, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address & phone numbers.
The contacted Candidates for the interview must bring the original certificates and copies of each for attachment.
Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.