Job Title: Senior Accountant
Employer: SOS Children's Village Zanzibar
Duty Station: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th April 2014
Roles & Responsibilities
• Take lead on the preparation on the annual budget in consultation with the Financial Controller, ensuring that sufficient financial resources are available to support the organization's plans and activities.
• Manages the Organization's funds and make sure the organization runs according to financial budget frame
• Undertake periodic checks of assets and stores are done, and prepare reports on the same for management
• Design and implement internal controls mechanism to ensure there is robust financial internal Control System
• Prepare monthly expenditure in relation to budget reports and inform management on a timely basis;
• Ensure that staff payroll administration is verified for accuracy, properly processed and that all statutory payments such as PAVE are made on a timely basis;
• Manage banking accounts and balances effectively and efficiently including undertaking monthly bank account reconciliations Foreign exchange management as and cash flow management in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all financial documents are accurately supported, approved and coded, and that all cheque list, petty cash, Purchase Orders are maintained correctly;
• Ensure that all financial transactions (including grant disbursement and date are correctly implemented according to policies and procedures;
• Prepare high quality financial reports Including professional annual financial statements in a timely basis;
• Ensures all funds are properly controlled and that all administrative and financial procedures are followed.
Academic Qualification and Experiences:
• University graduate in Finance Management or Accounting CPAJACCA qualified
• Minimum 3 years' experience as Accountant in a busy environment (preferably with an NGO). Experience in managing Funds of Multilateral donors.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies making you the right candidate for this position, Enclose a detailed updated_ CV, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address & phone numbers.
The contacted Candidates for the interview must bring the original certificates and copies of each for attachment.
Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:-
The National Director
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania