Job Title: Risk Management and Compliance Manager
Employer: Plan International
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 28th March 2014
• Facilitate annual risk workshop at a Country Program level in which significant risks facing Plan Tanzania shall be identified together with the controls in place, and any additional controls or actions necessary to manage those risks.
• In consultation with the CD, ensures that the CMT reviews the results of the risk workshop and decide both the person responsible to implement the actions recommended in the risk register as well as the time frame in which those actions are implemented.
• Ensure that the copy of the risk register approved by the CMT has been distributed to members of the CMT and PUMs for their action.
• As part of the periodic review visit at the CO and PUs, follow-up the timeliness and effectiveness of management's actions
• on the recommendations contained in the risk register and provide regular updates to the CMT on progress of implementation of actions.
• Review whether the grant management activities are in compliance with the key controls contained in the grant management
• guidelines of Plan Tanzania and donor regulations
• Assess compliance with grant conditions on sample basis.
• Assesses the process of selecting new partners, the formation of partnership, review of renewing/expanding existing partner-
• ships, and whether activities of partners are in line with what has been agreed:
• Assesses compliance with the partnership guidelines of Plan Tanzania
• Assesses whether partner's actual performance is in compliance with the financial, procurement, human resources and reporting requirements of project/partnership agreements.
• Assess compliance with the key requirements of the Sponsorship book and ~'od practices within Plan regarding: The SC enrolments process, Completeness of SC folders, tracking of letters and small gifts.
• Assess compliance with the requirement of the 10 Sponsorship commitments.
• Assess the effectiveness of the project control and monitoring activities by reviewing: Completeness of PO files with particular emphasis to Project Output Delivery, PO Progress Log, Project Completion Reports, Project Status Reports and monitoring reports.
• Assesses the effectiveness of the control over construction projects by reviewing processes including: Short listing of construction contractors, Selection of contractors for individual construction projects, The process of monitoring construction in progress, Payments to contractors
• Assesses the appropriateness of the process followed in the distribution and use of goods acquired for communities
• Reviews if the management of cash is in compliance with the key requirements of the Operations Manual and/or other management controls as appropriate:
• For purchase of goods and services, assesses compliance with the key controls regarding authorization, selection of suppliers, and acknowledgement of receipt of goods purchased
• Control over staff per diem and travel advance payments
• Deduction, declaration and payment of withholding tax as per the relevant law
• Review compliance with the key controls contained in the Operations Manual regarding fixed assets and inventory
• Reviews compliance with the key controls contained in the HR manual of Plan Tanzania regarding: Completeness of staff personal files, the process of employing of new staff, implementation of the PMS
• Support Institutional learning .capacily building and strengthening risk management and compliance
• Carry out pre-audits and investigations based on needs and as requested by the CD/CMT
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• University degree in Accounting, Management or equivalent qualification, a master’s degree will be an added advantage. Full Professional qualification i.e. CPA (T) and must be registered by NBAA or equivalent professional bodies
• Three to five years relevant experience out of which two to three years' experience in Internal Control at a senior/strategic level
• Professional experience in risk management and compliance auditing. Knowledge of the NGO environment
• Ability to gather, analyse, and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
• Strong interpersonal skills, Report writing skills, Problem solving skills, good planning and organizing skills.
• Ability to build strategic work relations
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills Ability to monitoring project results and expenditures against work plans Computers skills in MS Office and Internet
• Knowledge of the environment in Tanzania and current effective auditing and assurance practices and policy issues as they relate to risk management.
Plan Tanzania is a child centered organization. Protecting the rights of the children is of paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will undergo a police vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to any type of child abuse. The successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection policy.
The above positions carry attractive remuneration as per Plan Tanzania salary structure and incentive package.
How to Apply:
Plan Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact.
Please note that Plan Tanzania has no recruitment agent, therefore all applications should be sent to undersigned or through the apply now button below:
Country Human Resources Manager
Plan International Tanzania
Central Technology Building (CT House)
Plot # 96, Mikocheni Light Industrial Area
Off.New Bagamoyo road next to TBC
P. O. Box 3517,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.