Job Title: Research Engineers, Power, Systems (Mechanical & Electrical)
Job REF: No. 05
Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
Responsible for carrying out investigative analysis and action research leading to solving technical, business and technological challenges in ICT system to ensure innovative solutions are properly implemented with the objective of overcoming ICT bottlenecks and challenges facing TANESCO.
• To carry out investigative analysis and action research leading to solving technical, business and technological challenges pertaining to company's ICT system supporting the businesses.
• To review the ICT system performance regularly and advise the company on strategic improvements, operations procedures, standards, policies and legal systems to avoid surprises.
• To Identify, analyze and carry out research on ICT systems/elements and provide innovative solutions to system users, operators, customers as well as management.
• To identify, analyze and carry out research on strategic links and interfaces among ICT business system elements and advise on the best ICT systems and solutions for seamless business interfaces.
• To carry out research/studies to keep abreast with the exponential growing ICT industry and provide technical measures and advice to the Company in overcoming ICT bottlenecks and challenges facing TANESCO.
• A good BSc / MSc degree in Computer Engineering /ICT;
• Possession of qualifications in Post Graduate in Business Management will be an added advantage. .
Required Competencies & Skills:
• At least Five (5) years of full-time experience in ICT business analysis in a reputable company / organization
• Registered by Engineering Registration Board as an engineer;
• Registration as a Professional Engineer will be an added advantage Computer skills
• Ability to learn fast and adapt to changes.
• Willingness and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Self-Management and Personal Traits:
• Excellent Communication Skills, Engineering ethics and Code of Conduct.
• Creative, innovative and team working skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills. -
Remuneration and Benefits:
An attractive package shall be offered commensurate with skills and experience.
Details will be discussed at the interview; only people who fit the above criteria need apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references.
Applications should be marked private and confidential and addressed to:
Senior Manager Human Resources, TANESCO Ltd.
Umeme Park Ubungo,
P. O. Box 9024
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: