Job Title: Public Sector Family Planning Director
Employer: Intrahealth International
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 14th March 2014
• Provide technical leadership' and expertise on family planning services in the public sector, with a focus on long term and permanent methods according to national health service policy/norms and guidelines
• Work with national and district officials, facility leaders, and communities to develop strategies, plans, and objectives that will strengthen systems to improve provision of FP services in their service areas
• Provide guidance in strategies for strengthening MOHSW capacity to deliver FP services, particularly long acting and permanent methods to men and women in rural areas, as well as to youth
• Organize and lead FP and contraceptive training programs to strengthen skills and confidence in public sector providers
• Ensure state-of-the-art clinical and technical approaches and methodologies are used in improving performance of service providers and quality FP services
• Provide input into the development of project-wide strategies and work plans to address family planning issues prioritized by the Government of Tanzania and key stakeholders in the country
• Work closely with other senior project staff to develop overall project directions, strategies, and budgets
• Serve as senior IntraHealth representative to the project and supervises performance and administrative support to other IntraHealth staff on the project
• Communicate program trends, challenges, and successes, to Chapel Hill supervisor and IntraHealth Tanzania office
• Document program activities for wider dissemination of lessons learned, and participate in conferences as time and funding allow
• Advanced degree in a clinical discipline, e.g. medical doctor, nurse, or clinical officer with a minimum of ten years' experience working in the FP field in Tanzania, preferably with experience working as a FP provider. Strong knowledge, experience, and skills in providing FP services, particularly long acting and permanent methods.
• Substantial experience in designing and leading FP training programs for providers.
• Familiarity and experience working with the MOHSW health care system, and an ability to facilitate relationships and understanding with the MOHSW.
• Experience working on a donor-funded-funded project highly desirable.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, and management skills and ability to manage, supervise, and provide technical guidance
• Ability to achieve results i/lloa timely manner and within a specified budget
• Fluency in English, including excellent English written and oral presentation skills; proficiency in Kiswahili highly desirable.
• Preference is given to Tanzanian nationals
• Willingness and ability to work independently with all stakeholders
• Willingness to wprking with deadlines
Working Conditions /Physical Requirements:
• Willingness to work overtime as required
• Willingness to travel throughout Tanzania to work with partners and key stakeholders, and potentially internationally, as required
How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your CV online at:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted