Job Title: Project Manager
Employer: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 3rd April 2014
• Provide overall technical and managerial leadership of the project, developing and supervising implementation of project work plans and budgets and assuring timely and accurate reporting
• Supervise MIS/MEAL Officer and the SILC Training Officer and coordinate with other CRS departments to assure efficient project management
• Mentor and build the capacity of local partners to integrate SILC into their development activities, supporting them in both technical implementation and management
• Provide leadership and oversight to guarantee the implementation of effective monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems and processes
• Manage project risks and issues to assure adequate mitigation and resolution
• Work with other team members to facilitate the design of training and implementation models for partner staff and build local capacity networks of SILC TOTs to deliver high quality trainings and technical assistance
• Assure the incorporation of mobile information and communication technology and a meaningful focus on helping women to engage with the project and with mobile ICT within the project implementation
• Liaise with donors and other key stakeholders to contribute to project success.
• Master’s Degree or compensatory experience and course work.
• At least 5-years of microfinance and project management experience;
• Including demonstrable ability to integrate savings-led microfinance programs into multi-sector programs, to design policies, procedures and service delivery mechanisms.
• Specialized knowledge of and experience with savings-led microfinance delivery methodologies;
• excellent inter-personal skills;
• demonstrated personal accountability and drive to serve others;
• affinity for partner relationships;
• familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality in programming;
• Knowledge and experience in use of ICT platforms a plus.
• Engages team to craft program strategies using annual plans and quarterly reviews;
• Models and encourages critical thinking and creative problem-solving;
• Prepares and manages budgets with attention to progress toward program goals and against burn rates;
• Keeps abreast of latest developments in the microfinance sector and incorporates new knowledge in program implementation;
• Actively consults and listens closely to project team members, fellow staff and partners.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and meet these minimum qualifications, please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae of no more than 3-pages by 3rd April 2014 to the Human Resources Officer, at email@example.com or through below address;
Human Resources Officer
P.O. Box 34701
Catholic Relief Services
Dar es Salaam