Job Title: Project Accountant
Employer: Food Trade ESA
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
The Accountant will manage all transactions related to Food Trade ESA. They will ensure that the outlined financial policies and procedures are implemented and followed in the assigned area. The Accountant is responsible for providing complete and accurate field reports to the Home Office for all field office financial activities. S/he will provide support in other finance areas as necessary and maintain a positive working relationship with the DAl Home Office staff.
• Responsible for the processing of all cash transactions and wire transfer payments.
• Records all financial transactions in Field Accounting System.
• Responsible for the transfer of cash from the bank to the office.
• Responsible for ensuring the security of all project funds.
• Responsible tor the appropriate keys/combinations to the safes in the office.
• Make recommendations to the Director of Administration/Office Manager regarding improvements to the cash safety and disbursement procedures.
• Ensure that project vendors are paid in time.
• Work with Finance and Funds manager on V AT payment and reporting.
• While processing daily transactions the Accountant should.
Complete Advance Receipt in the Receipt Book with all necessary information.
Ensure those proper approval signatures are obtained and that both parties: Payer and Receiver verify the cash amount of the transaction.
Enter all transaction into the accounting system; identify the proper account codes for each transaction. Check entries for accuracy.
Reconcile Petty Cash on a weekly basis.
I. Ensure that the employee salary list is updated.
2. Ensure that salary is disbursed to aU employees on schedule.
3. On the last working day of a month collect all employees' time sheets, check coding and approval signatories. On the last working day of the month, e-mail DAI Direct-Hire employees' timesheets to Home office.
4. Send original timesheets for DAI Direct Hire employees with the field report.
5. File all salary information according to outlined filing procedures.
6. Keep all salary related information strictly confidential.
I. Work with the Finance and Funds Manger to approval travel advance amount based on travel advance policy.
2. Calculate travel advance and distribute travel advance.
3. Within three days of return of a traveler from the business trip, audit the Travel
Voucher according to travel voucher policy.
1. Coordinate with Finance and Funds Manager to ensure fixed assets lists are consistent and that a yearly inventory of assets is being performed.
2. Maintain the appropriate documentation, receipts and customs declaration for all fixed assets purchased.
I. Ensure that all reporting requirements are met while implementing proper reporting procedures and maintaining quality.
Level of Effort and Reporting:
The estimated level of effort for this position is 4 years. This is a Tong term assignment based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with domestic and regional travel. The expert will report to the FoodTrade ESA Finance and funds Manager.
• University degree in accounting/economics/finance. Four years accounting or financial experience.
• At least 2 years' experience in donor funded program environment Accuracy and responsibility.
• Good knowledge of Excel, QuickBooks, a plus. Experience with international accounting practice. Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
• Good communication skills.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing a current CV and day time contact details through the apply now button below The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 4th April, 2014 at 16.30 hrS.