Job Title: Programme Officer Trade Promotion and Political Affairs
Employer: Embassy of Sweden Dar Es Salaam
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 27th March 2014
Duties and responsibilities:
• Analyse and report on business Opportunities for Swedish companies and on business
environment and trade policy in Tanzania.
• Analyse and report on changes that will affect business due to regional integration, primarily EAC.
• Promote, assist and keep regular contact with Swedish companies in Tanzania or those intending to establish business in Tanzania. Collaborate with Swedish authorities and organisations relevant for trade promotion as well as with other diplomatic missions.
• Liaise and maintain good relations with Tanzanian authorities and organisations relevant for trade promotion. Propose, plan and organise promotion activities.
• Keep an updated database with contacts and information relevant for Swedish companies interested in the Tanzanian market and update the Embassy's website with relevant information.
• Forward international tenders of interest for Swedish companies.
• Undertake background research and analysis on trade promotion, organise seminars, meetings and travel programmes, ensure information is updated on web page and other activities as needed.
• Monitor, analyse and report on specific internal and regional political developments, foreign policy and/or other policy areas of relevance also monitor the press and provide briefs.
• Undertake background research on specific issues when needed.
• Plan and organise meetings, trips and develop programmes and support visitors.
• Keep a good network of contacts within the administration, political parties, parliament, local civil society organisations, academia and journalists.
• Provide input to briefing dossiers, speeches, statements, press releases and articles, as requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• University degree in economics, international relations/ political science or equivalent.
• At least five (5) years of relevant working experience
• Excellent working knowledge of English and Kiswahili including reading and writing skills.
• Good knowledge of Tanzanian Institutional and legal framework for private sector and investments
• Good analytical, computer and administrative skills including web page administration.
• Broad network of contacts; politicians, civil servants in ministries, academia and private sector.
• Knowledge in information and communication strategies and ability to work in a multicultural setting.
• Ability to communicate and cooperate easily with government, international institutions, donor agencies, companies and colleagues and the ability to take initiative and work independently
• Capable of handling a heavy workload and flexibility to take on new tasks and challenges
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this exciting career rewarding opportunity, e-mail us your detailed CV and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the job (please, do not include your certificates). Write "TPPA" in your e-mail subject line. We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates.
For more details visit the website www.swedenabroad.com/daressalaam.
Executive Search and Selection Division
Prospect Africa Limited,
P.O. BOX 75124
Dar es Salaam - Tanzania
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.