Employer: SOS Children’s Village Zanzibar
Duty Station: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Directs and co-ordinates the activities of SOS Children’s Villages Programs in Zanzibar.
• With Consultation with National Director guide the development of effective administrative systems to support implementation of programs in Zanzibar
• Builds and develops a committed and effective staff team to support sustainable implementation of programs
• Ensures that programs resources are used appropriately & efficiently.
• Lead building and strengthening partnership with government, Civil Society Organizations, private sector and communities to ensure vulnerable children receive quality care, education and health.
• He is overall in charge of all programs in Zanzibar( Unguja and Pemba)
• Leads the implementation of the programme management cycle
• Leads the development of programs/projects and ensure implementation align with SOS Children’s Village Programme policy (CVPP), international and national policies and strategies.
• Provide strategic leadership in fundraising and resource mobilization to support SOS Children’s Villages programs in Zanzibar.
• Ensure there is an effective staff performance management system, Monitoring and evaluation systems in place are functional to ensure quality and capable of generating evidence based reports.
• Leads the budgeting process for the whole programs in Zanzibar
• Responsible for preparation and submission of implementation progress narrative reports, management reports submitted to donors, management, Board of Trustees and other stakeholders.
• Enhance and promote SOS Children’s Villages Visibility among local communities, development partners, CSOs, Government and Private Sector
Academic Qualification and Experiences:
• University graduate in one or combination of the following disciplines: Public Administration, Organizational Management, Children and Youth Care programming, Sociology and Development studies.
• Strong background on programming and projects management
• Strong background in proposal development and donor negotiation skills with good track record of awarded proposals.
• Strong, leadership and interpersonal skills and group dynamics management skills
• Working experiences should include: at least 3 - 4 years progressive work at key positions (in management) in a stretching / modern working environment preferably in NGO working environment.
• The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and staff, maintaining the required high standards.
• Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines
• A mature person (male or female) aged 30-40 years
How to Apply:
Send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies making you the right candidate for this position,
Enclose a detailed updated CV, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address & phone numbers.
The contacted Candidates for the interview must bring the original certificates and copies of each for attachment.
Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.