Job Title: Procurement Officer
Employer: John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 14th March 2014
• Consolidate all user department requirements for goods and services, and prepare an annual procurement plan for goods and services, which will also be updated on a quarterly basis.
• Receive procurement requests from user departments and clarify items specification with user department.
• Prepare and release requests for quotations in coordination with user departments, and JSI policies.
• Evaluate quotation/bids received and prepare evaluation documentation for procurement files, including recommendation of vendors to user departments and/or the Deputy Country Director of Operations.
• Prepare all vendors contract documents such as Local Purchase Orders.
• Follow up on JSI orders with contracted vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services, cultivating vendor relationships and ensuing product availability for user departments.
• Work closely with the accounts department to ensure timely payments to vendors for all JSI contracts; as necessary escalate any issues that arise to heads of units and/or the Deputy Country Director of Operations.
• Prepare a quarterly procurement progress report for the management team.
• Monitor supplier performance and follow up with vendors on performance issues as needed.
• Maintain a comprehensive filing system for auditable records for all procurement documentations as per laid out JSI/Tanzania documentation procedures
• Maintain the LPO tracking sheet and make sure it is updated on weekly basis.
• In collaboration with Office Manager, manage the VAT exemption letter requests to TRA.
• In collaboration with accounting unit, assist in managing JSI’s office inventory and ensure the inventory list is up to date.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals possessing the following minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or similar or recognized advanced diploma in procurement or related services.
• A minimum of 5 years practical procurement experience.
• Must be registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
• Excellent written and verbal English skills are required.
• Ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner with all colleagues and vendors necessary.
• Working knowledge and understanding of USAID procurement policies and Federal Rules and Regulations.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision.
• Previous work experience with USAID and other donor-funded projects highly preferred; or experience working with an INGO is an added advantage.
• Highly proficient in common computer packages (eg. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
• Paying attention to detail is an essential advantage.
• Must adhere and be able to maintain confidentiality for all company and staff proprietary matters
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above positions based on qualification, experience and salary history.
How to Apply:
Submission may be sent to the address below not later than Thursday, 20th March, 2014
Human Resource Manager
John Snow, Inc.
Plot No. 392,
Toure Drive, Masaki
P.O .Box 9263
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful. JSI is an equal opportunity employer.