Job Title: Policy Specialist
Employer: The Confederation of Tanzania Industries
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th March 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor the Government's implementation of business reforms,
• Dialogue with Government officials on improving the business
• environment in Tanzania,
• Develop advocacy strategies,
• Conduct research on policy issues,
• Conduct membership surveys,
• Prepare papers for Standing Committees,
• Write policy position papers,
Qualifications, Experience And Attributes:
• Bachelor's Degree in Economics
• Good analytical capability
• Good public relations and ability to interact with the Confederation's multi-stakeholders at different levels
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
• Willingness to travel when necessary
• Knowledge of Tanzania's tax regime is desirable
• Experience, knowledge and understanding of the private sector and
• its dynamics will be added advantages,
• Computer literacy.
How to Apply:
Applications with detailed curricula vitae, photocopies of relevant certificates and names of at least three reputable work-related references should be sent to the address below:
Confederation of Tanzania Industries
9th Floor, NIC Investment House
Dar es Salaam.
The Confederation is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.