Job Title: Project Manager, Mwanzo Program
Employer: World Vision International
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 5th April 2014
• Ensure program implementation is executed as per approved program documents (approved budget, work plans and program design).
• To take lead on networking, integrating, coordinating program partners (farmer groups, government, GAFCO, Vision Fund Tanzania, existing ADPs and others) for efficient delivery of program objectives.
• Take lead on integrating project intervention with the respective ADPs,/areas, Cluster, and Vision Funds Tanzania for sustainable development of the program.
• To facilitate reflection/learning, documentation of best practices and most significant success stories and share it with different stakeholders.
Promote creativity and innovations to staff and community members to create more impact to the beneficiaries for the well being of children
• To facilitate community mobilization on adaptation and transfer of technologies such as water infrastructures, energy savings cooking stoves, radio programmes, application of mobile technology etc
• Promote development of Small and Medium Enterprises within the Savings groups/CPGs and Commercial Village level to increase community income for the wellbeing of children.
• Participate on initiation or development of project proposal and Project Design Document within and outside the project area
Facilitate implementation of Tanzania Empowerment ADP Model (TEAM) as per the organizational policies and regulations
• Support spill over of TEAM approach within Northern zone through organization of farmers into Commercial Producer Groups (CPGs) and Commercial Villages to improve quality and quantity of products for market linkages.
• Take lead on promoting sustainable access to credit such as savings group promotion, linking CPGs members with Vision Funds Tanzania to increase income for the wellbeing of children
• Identify program risks and set program expectations correctly.
• Lead the staff performance management and staff development as per the organizational policies
• Ensure efficient management of financial and non-financial program resources is adhered as per the organizational policies and regulations
• To ensure that child protection standards are adhered to and they are adequately integrated in the program.
• Take lead on periodic program planning (monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual) for efficiency and effective running of the program
• Ensure quality and timely submission of the weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual program reports.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Perform other duties as required.
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
• Master degree in one of the following disciplines; Agri-business, Agriculture, or Community Development from recognized or accredited University with 3 years working experience in multi-sector grants management.
• Computer skills
• Demonstrated Ability in monitoring and supervision
• Experience working with donor funds
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, partners and donors
How to Apply:
All interested candidates meeting the criteria should submit their applications through: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org