Job Title: Family Based Care Coordinator (FBC)
Employer: SOS Children's Village Zanzibar
Duty Station: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th April 2014
• Providing strong effective leadership to the affairs of the Children's Village.
• Leading the SOS community comprising of children, youth, SOS mothers, supporting the children’s educational, emotional development and physical needs.
• Managing the planning and activity programs, as well as the financial and administrative function of the SOS Children's Village.
• Representing the Village in the local community, creating local networks that support the Children's Village program.
• Being a role model for the children, youth and mothers..
• This candidate should have knowledge and skills on partnership building with various take holders such as Government officials, NGOs, FBOs as well as with the private sector
• In cooperation with the Program Director, he/she should be able to design and implement the project proposals in order to enhance resource mobilization in the village
• A working knowledge on HR and performance management
Qualification and Experiences:
• Degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Guidance and Counseling, Development studies or its equivalent.
- At least three year of relevant professional experience at management level.
• Experience in working with children/youth environment will be added advantage.
• Ability to work independently, self-organize, use initiative, keeps commitments and meets deadlines.
• The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and youth, by maintaining the required high standards.
• A stable social and emotional family situation.
• Computer literacy
• Mature personality (male or female) aged 35-40 years
Note: The position requires the FBC to live within the SOS Children's Village.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies making you the right candidate for this position, Enclose a detailed updated_ CV, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address & phone numbers.
The contacted Candidates for the interview must bring the original certificates and copies of each for attachment.
Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:-
The National Director
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania