Job title: Family Based Care Coordinator (FBC) – 1 Posts
Employer: SOS Children’s Village Zanzibar
Duty Station: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
Roles & Responsibilities
• Providing strong effective leadership to the affairs of the Children’s Village.
• Leading the SOS community comprising of children, youth, SOS mothers, supporting the children’s educational, emotional development and physical needs.
• Managing the planning and activity programs, as well as the financial and administrative function of the SOS Children’s Village.
• Representing the Village in the local community, creating local networks that support the Children’s Village program.
• Being a role model for the children, youth and mothers..
• This candidate should have knowledge and skills on partnership building with various take holders such as Government officials, NGOs, FBOs as well as with the private sector
• In cooperation with the Program Director, he/she should be able to design and implement the project proposals in order to enhance resource mobilization in the village
• A working knowledge on HR and performance management
Academic Qualification and Experiences
• Degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Guidance and Counselling, Development studies or its equivalent.
• At least three year of relevant professional experience at management level.
• Experience in working with children/youth environment will be added advantage.
• Ability to work independently, self-organize, use initiative, keeps commitments and meets deadlines.
• The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and youth, by maintaining the required high standards.
• A stable social and emotional family situation.
• Computer literacy
• Mature personality (male or female) aged 35-40 years
Note: The position requires the FBC to live within the SOS Children’s Village.
How to Apply:
Send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies making you the right candidate for this position,
Enclose a detailed updated CV, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address & phone numbers.
The contacted Candidates for the interview must bring the original certificates and copies of each for attachment.
Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.